Greetings horsies, zombies, and GANGsters!
We got a great response from HorsePLAY! EP10 so we are going to continue our unofficial Zombie Talk Series for at least an episode or two more. So far, we have barely scraped the surface wounds so will switch the format up a bit to jump straight into the zombie herd. For tonight’s show, HorsePLAY! LIVE EP11 “Night of the Zombie Geeks”, we will team up with Zombie Cast for a total of five hosts. The focus will be on The Walking Dead but we will try to delve into games, podcasts, books, movies, etc.
NEW! Did you miss HorsePLAY! EP10? No worries – here is the HD video, just for you! We’ll be adding more videos and show highlights so let us know how we’re doing and what you’d like to see more of!
So far in Season 4.5 of The Walking Dead, Episodes 9 through 11, we have seen a rather slow build-up. It looks like the show is still committed to fan fare for followers of the comics yet the introduction of Terminus is taking the story into a whole new direction. We have a lot of speculations and predictions on this aspect of the story arc alone.
Here are some topics we will tackle, straight from our HorsePLAY! LIVE show notes:
- Has Daryl gone derp like Rick?
- Wait, Beth is the hopeful one and now Daryl seems to be giving up? Get it together, Daryl!
- Babies in the zombie apocalypse: hope or nuisance?
- Lizzie must be related to The Governor – she’s CRAZY!
- Will Tara go straight?
- What if Tyreese finds out about what Carol did?
- Did any of the Season 4.5 scenes lack tension? Maggie searching for Glenn on the bus, for example.
- Will Glen be overwhelmed by guilt and give up?
- WTF? Bulletproof Maggie!
- Wait a minute.. Are Daryl and Beth going the wrong way on the tracks??! That’s not Terminus!
- An upcoming Daryl-only episode makes us think someone will die. Will they be bold and kill Daryl or just dump Beth?
- Spin-off TWD show coming 2015 alongside Season 5. Any thoughts or additional info?
- Keep up the zombie talk! Be sure to visit our friends at The Zombie Blog – http://thezombieblog.net – and Zombie Cast –http://zombiecast.net – guys, any other zombie content you wanna share?
In EP10 we raised one particularly spicy question:
How long does The Walking Dead show have before it runs out of steam?
With the TWD spin-off show set for a 2015 release, how long will this current crew of survivors keep us hooked? The general consensus by Shawn Freeman and Matt Bradford of Zombie Cast in EP10 was that they have one or two strong seasons left, yet there is a world of things they can still do in this universe.. without the spin-off(s). We are concerned yet hopeful!
There’s lots to say here but I will save it for the show. I will say this: TWD EP9 and 11 were rather slow but they are definitely building up to something big. I think they might redeem what has otherwise been a stale season towards the end. The key is to keep introducing and building up key characters so we can get invested in the experience once again.
I am curious if Robert Kirkman will be bold enough to kill off Daryl. He’s clearly a fan favorite and what will all the teeny bopper girls do if the stud is gone?? Regardless of how many badasses they assemble, I would say TWD’s strengths reside in the human elements so they should rely less on the zombie battles. Of course, we love the epic takedowns but it’ll be better if they space it out and make us anticipate those moments more.
What do you guys think about Season 4.5 of The Walking Dead this far? Let us know in the comments section below!
Come join us on HorsePLAY! LIVE tonight and every Thursday night at 11pm EST. We may be rescheduling in a month or so to better accomodate our guests but, for now, we are the Interweb’s midnight crew for all things geeky. Party with us!
Full HD Stream – http://twitch.tv/obionex2
Mobile-Friendly Stream – http://twitch.tv/yogizilla