Episodes 17 – Let’s Move To Canada.. For Hearthstone!
*** Featuring Matt Bradford of VGO & Zombie Cast ***
In this episode, HorsePLAY! LIVE becomes The Derailment Extravaganza (or is it Bonanza) once again. Matt Bradford from Zombie Cast and VGO (Video Game Outsiders) returns to HorsePLAY! to help us stay raw, silly, and off-topic. Some may know him as @MattoMcFly or “Moto”. He’s also known as one of the writers for the Guinness World Records: Gamer’s Edition, AllGames, and GamesRadar, amongst other things. We know him as one of our favorite Canadian geeks!
Matt confessed that any time after 11pm Eastern on a week day, he is essentially brain dead. As a result, we get the sillier, more random Matt’O. Somehow, he manages to give spoilers for our own show. There are the usual wild tangents and shenanigans, but we mainly talk about Hearthstone, The Walking Dead, and freemium games.
We don’t do nearly as much League of Legends talk these days. Matt groans at the mere thought. It turns out that he may actually enjoy the game but the toxic community as seen on Reddit and other social media scares him away. There are plenty of mainstay games we would like to play with our friends and fans – LoL is certainly one of them so give it a try… Stan Faryna did! #YOHTAI
- Golf is just something for bored richies to show off how much money and land they have.
- WWF does not make us think about endangered animals.
- “There’s a lot of cool cats on the AllGames network.”
- HorsePLAY! LIVE is the perfect show to be brain-dead on!
- Matt Bradford plays the hand harmonica.
- Yogi is a very loud Puerto Rican, NOT a Mexican.
- Sword Art Online is like dot.hack and Photon.. And it’s coming back for Season 2!
- Apparently, everyone is too young to remember Photon.
- We all love The Guild.. And Felicia Day.. Wil Wheaton, too.
- Chris Hardwick is a narcissistic douchebag.
- “WTF is in the basement??”
- Twitter is getting rid of #hashtags.. Brilliantly stupid.
- Third-party Twitter apps are WAY better than the official one.
- Twitter is going to kill their existing user base.
- “90% of the population mis-uses hashtags.”
- Hearthstone iOS app is available only in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.. Sorta.
- You can now rejoin Hearthstone matches if disconnected.
- Fashionably late The Walking Dead S4 finale reactions.
- When is free-to-play really pay-to-win?
- Hearthstone is NOT a pay-to-win game.. We explain why.
- Did we mention we are now part of the AllGames family now??
- Tons of other geeky antics and train wrecks, as per usual.
Matt Bradford has also put the Canadian bacon debate to bed. This is his official statement, and I am paraphrasing:
Is that even ours? I don’t think so.. It’s an abomination. Canadian bacon is ham, NOT bacon.
“Moto”, you are a man above all men. We love having you on the show and hope to have you join our geeky antics more. Now, we need more G33k Grrlz and a little less Mancrushes.. It’s starting to be a sausage fest over on HorsePLAY! LIVE.. Where’s the bacon??