A few of you have suggested that we post our show notes more often here to encourage more voicemail messages and such. We’ve been doing that for HorsePLAY! LIVE and The Gaming Death Podcast but we welcome any and all kinds of voicemail. Here are some of the things we’ve been discussing if you want to keep the conversation going:
- Why Hearthstone is such a big deal
- Tips and tricks for Marvel Puzzle Quest & Hearthstone
- Is Hearthstone a pay-to-win game?
- Greatest games of all time (The GOATs)
- Our defining moments in gaming
- What are the most random games you’ve ever played that you think most missed (and should play)?
- Games that were great because they inspired new concepts
- Games that are great because they are still fun years later
- Why are Internet trolls so prevelant?
- Drunken karaoke (thanks DekardC)
- XBox Originals Channel – YAY or NAY?
- Console gaming is dead – it’s all about all-in-one entertainment!
- How close are we to drones delivering our goods?
- Marvel Agents Of SHIELD vs. Arrow
- Objectification of women and biases surrounding geek girls
- The rise and fall of social games (a.k.a. Facebook SPAM)
- The cardinal sings of League Of Legends players
- Have we as consumers become too spoiled or impatient?
- Broke Wars: Nintendo VS. Sony
- Sony predicts 1.3 BILLION loss over fiscal year
- Indie games are the future of gaming!
- No, we’re tired of indie games.
- No, we’re tired of big studio regurgitations.
- We geeks are just jaded all around, amirite?
- Transistor art style: beautiful or more hipster pandering?
- Microtransactions VS. Macrotransactions
- Popular games with the worst virtual economies
- What defines the value of something?
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare.. Does anyone care?
- Capcom is bouncing back – Mega Man, PLEASE!
- Can gardening be considered geeky?
- Fantasy sports can be geeky.. Sports themselves, not so much.
- How do you define a geek or nerd?
- Labels suck.. But they have a purpose!
- #RetroFriday VOTES for NES, Genesis, arcade, etc.
- Sports games are games too!
Hopefully those snippets should provide some good talking points. There’s a lot of gaming stuff there but anything geeky or random is cool, y0. Speaking of RANDOM, on Episode 81 of The Gaming Death Podcast, they brought up the horror frog…
Yes, this is a real thing.
According to the NewScientist, the horror frog breaks his own bones to form claws. WTF? It’s the real-life Wolverine! That is pretty darn sick. I can relate, too, because my home life is often just as masochistic! LOL.. Sorry, I could not resist!
Personally, I find nature so fascinating. Here in Georgia we see all sorts of weird critters, like the paper wasp. These wasps are comparable to hornets and are usually found down South, where creepy crawlers seem to be abundant. The coolest thing about the paper wasp is that it builds nests out of a paper-like substance. It creates this substance using harvested materials and it’s own saliva. Kinda gross yet kinda neat.
I had one of these things hang out with me in my house recently. It was surprisingly friendly but that stinger was scary. Lately the wasps here in Georgia fly really close to me, especially by my ears or the back of my head.. It makes me feel…. Violated. O_O
Anywho, on future episodes of HorsePLAY! LIVE we’re going to be returning to our roots in League Of Legends and cover more indie games (of course). We’ll continue Hearthstone talk too since that’s definitely on rotation for years to come. On EP22 or so, we should be wrapping up the #RetroFriday kicker series. With that…
Tell us what your favorite moments in gaming are. What made you a dedicated or hardcore gamer? What are your G.O.A.T. picks for games, both tabletop and digital? Are there any games you really love that you think people missed?
While we’ll be ending the #RetroFriday mini-series, we’ll continue to do weekly videos and streams. Be sure to join our Steam community groups. Simply look up #YOHTAI, #RetroFriday, and HorsePLAY. The links are also scattered throughout the site. 8)
Do you have any fun stories or random thoughts to share? Call us and leave a voicemail at (206) 415-4987 – if you don’t, Stewie will PEW PEW PEW you with his ray gun! Also, take this poll, por favor.